mid-freqeuncy values and Gearly

« Older   Newer »
Victor Reijs
view post Posted on 12/9/2015, 14:07

Dear all of you,
I am reading the article of Bradley (Review of objective room acoustics measures and future needs, 2010 [this article can be fund on the web]). And he talks about mid-frequency values of acoustic measures. Would it be possible to provides these also (although Bradley states that mid-frequency is not really defined (page 7 section (b)). Or is A and Lin the same (although I can't recalculate these using averaging)?

I also understand that Gearly (as defined the Early Sound Strength) would be a valuable measure (beside G itself). According to him Gearly can be determined from G and C80, do people know how to do that? Perhaps this could also be in Aurora?

I assume that measures of spacial effects (ASW and LEV) would need binaural recording or not (mic at both ears)? And Treble ratio and weighted Gw (for bass strength) seem also interesting. Are these also in Aurora (I don't see the abbreviations).

Sorry for these beginners questions.

All the best,

Victor

Edited by Victor Reijs - 12/9/2015, 17:30

view post Posted on 30/10/2015, 11:23

Group:

Aurora is compliant with the current ISO 3382 standard. I invite you to read the standard for precise definition of the measurement procedures, type of microphones, etc.
"A" and "LIN" band are exactly what they are named, that is, the A-filtered signal and the LIN-filtered signal (20 Hz to 20 kHz, flat).
But it is possible to use the average of 4 octave bands instead of the "A-weighted" signal, specifying this option in the initial window of Acoustic Parameters.
This option is named "Average mode instead of A-weight", and averages in the bands 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 Hz.

1 replies since 12/9/2015, 14:07   100 views