Setup instructions, how to download and install Aurora plugins

« Older   Newer »
Roberto Missoli
view post Posted on 17/10/2019, 06:33

Buon giorno Prof Farina, Pax Christi,
Desideravo solo segnalarle che il collegamento citato č obsoleto:

**www.aurora-plugins.com/Aurora/download/**

Chiaramente la mia segnalazione non deve essere letta come un appunto ma come un aiuto per mantenere le informazioni esatte.

Buon lavoro.e grazie per le preziose informazioni
Roberto Missoli

view post Posted on 21/10/2019, 08:15

http://www.angelofarina.it

Group:
Administrator

Fatto! Era un post del 2011 !!!

Ma sul sito (www.aurora-plugins.com) era gią tutto OK.

Web  Top
kosbax
view post Posted on 17/1/2020, 11:12

Hello,
I am a mac-user (mac-os 10.15.2, catalina (64bit) ) and I want to use aurora plug-in at audacity,
what's is the best audacity version for aurora plug-in;

view post Posted on 17/1/2020, 14:31

Group:

Audacity does not work under Catalina, as Audacity is 32-bits only !!!
What I suggest is that you install Playonmac, and then install Adobe Audition 1.5 (for Windows) under Playonmac.
Not tested yet under Catalina, but this is my preferred solution for running Aurora on Mac computers, up to Mojave.

kosbax
view post Posted on 17/1/2020, 15:02

thanks a lot

view post Posted on 20/1/2020, 09:51

Group:

CITAZIONE (kosbax @ 17/1/2020, 15:02) 
thanks a lot

I made a couple of tests on Catalina. Unfortunately, PlayOnMac does not work yet.
Audacity, instead, was released at 64 bits, but for using it under Catalina a "trick" is required, launching it form the terminal.
It is explained here:
https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=107162
So the problem now is to recompile at 64-bits also the Aurora modules. I am sad to admit that this will take several months...
In the meanwhile, I strongly suggest that you use Bootcamp for running Windows 10 on your mac.
Due to the bad development Apple did on Mac OS, and the good improvement provided by the last upgrade of Windows 10, the same Apple machine is currently 50% faster when running Windows 10 under Bootcamp than when running Catalina.
All our Macs are now running Windows 10 under Bootcamp, and we do not see any reason to switch back to Mac OS in the next future...

Thishis
view post Posted on 10/2/2020, 10:38

Yes, it is working without any issues for me, I was having some issues with Audacity earlier but now it seems to working fine.

view post Posted on 13/5/2020, 19:14

Group:

Hola Angelo,

I downloaded Audition 1.5 and the XFM files for LF parameter evaluation but Aurora asks me for a user and password. Are these still available?

Thanks!

view post Posted on 13/5/2020, 19:24

Group:
Administrator

These are only for registered users...
The aurora plugins work without limitations also if not registered, the only inconvenience is the "russian roulette", which sometimes makes the plugin to crash. But no data is loss, as the crash is made by purpose and gracefully. If you open Audition again, you will find back all your (unsaved) waveforms.
Here the info about registering Aurora for Audition:
http://pcfarina.eng.unipr.it/Aurora_XP/Registration.htm

Web  Top
view post Posted on 5/10/2020, 07:26

Group:

QUOTE (angelofarina @ 20/1/2020, 10:51) 
I made a couple of tests on Catalina. Unfortunately, PlayOnMac does not work yet.
Audacity, instead, was released at 64 bits, but for using it under Catalina a "trick" is required, launching it form the terminal.
It is explained here:
https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=107162
So the problem now is to recompile at 64-bits also the Aurora modules. I am sad to admit that this will take several months...
In the meanwhile, I strongly suggest that you use Bootcamp for running Windows 10 on your mac.
Due to the bad development Apple did on Mac OS, and the good improvement provided by the last upgrade of Windows 10, the same Apple machine is currently 50% faster when running Windows 10 under Bootcamp than when running Catalina.
All our Macs are now running Windows 10 under Bootcamp, and we do not see any reason to switch back to Mac OS in the next future...

Hi Angelo, I've installed the custom version of Audacity 2.4.1 for Mac available at www.angelofarina.it/Public/Aurora-for-Audacity/2.4.1/Mac/ and, despite the fact that I enabled the Aurora.so module in the preferences, I don't see any Aurora command in the menu like it used to be in Audacity 2.0.0.
I've also tried starting the application from the terminal but nothing changed.
I'm on Catalina 10.15.7 :(
Any help appreciated!

view post Posted on 5/10/2020, 07:48

Group:
Administrator

Here everything is working on Catalina.
First of all, PlayOnMac now works great, so I installed my favourite Audition 1.5 and the XFM version of Aurora Plugins. This is always the best!
Then, I am running the Audacity version without much problems.
The Aurora modules refused to get enabled for a couple of times, but in the end they worked...
Be aware, indeed, that their position changed in the menus of Audacity.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 5/10/2020, 07:58

Group:

QUOTE (angelo.farina @ 5/10/2020, 08:48) 
Here everything is working on Catalina.
First of all, PlayOnMac now works great, so I installed my favourite Audition 1.5 and the XFM version of Aurora Plugins. This is always the best!
Then, I am running the Audacity version without much problems.
The Aurora modules refused to get enabled for a couple of times, but in the end they worked...
Be aware, indeed, that their position changed in the menus of Audacity.

Thanks!
I just realized that one has to enable both the Aurora module in the preferences AND the respective plugin-ins in the "add/remove plug-ins" menu! Very convoluted (as always in Audacity...) but it works now! Perhaps it would be useful to add these tips in www.angelofarina.it/Public/Aurora-f...-241-Readme.txt

view post Posted on 6/12/2020, 21:17

Group:

The current version of Audacity 2.4.1 has all the Aurora modules pre-installed and pre-enabled.
Just download the latest release (dated 11/11/2020).

view post Posted on 11/12/2020, 10:03

Group:

Hello, I have just downloaded AUdacity from their website but no traces of Aurora.
Is it that you mean that it is the 2.4.1 Audacity version on your website?

view post Posted on 13/12/2020, 23:31

Group:

Exactly. The site for downloading Aurora with Audacity is: www.angelofarina.it/Public/Aurora-for-Audacity/
Please read carefully the readme.txt file of the version chosen...

30 replies since 20/1/2011, 21:29   6098 views