Aurora RT60 Measurements, How to edit signals before analysis

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 19/9/2020, 22:43

Group:

Hi guys/Angelo,

I took measurements of a church recently using the ISO-3382 interrupted noise method and Audacity.
Each test was approximately 5 seconds to allow a steady state in the space.
Now I am just wondering how I should edit the sound waves for analysis by Aurora of the acoustic parameters?
Do I cut the sound wave just before the omni speaker and pink noise was switched off?
How do I make this consistent throughout my different source and microphone measurements?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Finn

view post Posted on 22/9/2020, 11:36

Group:

Here is an example of one of my measurements and how I have been pre-processing them.I am just interested to see if this is the correct method. Thank you!Acoustic_Parameter_Measurements_S1_M1_T1Nano_Nagle_S1_M1_T1

view post Posted on 3/2/2022, 16:12

http://www.angelofarina.it

Group:
Administrator

Sorry, Aurora does not support the obsolete interrupted noise method for measuring the reverberation times.
The ISO3382 Acoustical Parameters module is designed for processing impulse responses.
Either measured with an impulsive sound source (pistol, balloon, firecracker, etc.), or, better, using a loudspeaker driven with the Exponential Sine Sweep signal.
Aurora contains the tools required for generating the ESS test signal, the matched Inverse Sweep, and for performing the convolution of the recorded signals with the Inverse Sweep, obtaining the impulse response.

Web  Top
2 replies since 19/9/2020, 22:43   181 views