RMS level graph as an export?

« Older   Newer »
Victor Reijs
view post Posted on 28/11/2015, 15:39

It would be great to be able to export the RMS level graph (displayed in Aurora Acoustical parameters... output). Is there a facility in Aurora module or in another Audacity plug-in available for that?

Thanks for any feedback.

All the best,

Victor

view post Posted on 2/4/2016, 23:35

http://www.angelofarina.it

Group:
Administrator

You can export the RMS values from the Acoustical Parameters module, pressing the button "Save Results to File". The default is to export just the table containing the computed acoustical parameters, in a TXT file. But if you select the alternate file format: Save As Type: Energetic IR (.CSV), you will get exactly what you need for all the octave bands plus A and LIN.
Then you open the CSV file in Excel, and format the chart as you like...

Web  Top
Victor Reijs
view post Posted on 16/4/2016, 16:40

QUOTE (angelo.farina @ 3/4/2016, 00:35) 
You can export the RMS values from the Acoustical Parameters module, pressing the button "Save Results to File". The default is to export just the table containing the computed acoustical parameters, in a TXT file. But if you select the alternate file format: Save As Type: Energetic IR (.CSV), you will get exactly what you need for all the octave bands plus A and LIN.
Then you open the CSV file in Excel, and format the chart as you like...

I don't see this 'Save As Type: Energetic IR' option. See here:

If I use the .csv choice I only get the computed acoustical parameters, but not the RMS values of the energy graph.

Thanks for the feedback.

All the best,

Victor

P.S. This is both in Audacity 2.0.5 and 2.0.0

view post Posted on 30/4/2016, 13:15

Group:
Administrator

It is the third option, Ramsete Echogram (*.prn)...
I was referring to the Aurora for Audition version, of course. As always, the version for Audacity is slightly different (and less functional, in my opinion).
In the Audition version, also the Time History Analysis Aurora plugin features an "export to file" function, which can be used either for exporting the table of results, or the 1-ms time history of RMS values.
These features are not available (yet) in the Audacity version of the Time History Analysis module...

Web  Top
Victor Reijs
view post Posted on 30/4/2016, 16:25

Thanks Aha, that works partly. It provides the Energy graphs for the 10 octaves, but not for the A and Lin columns.

All the best,

Victor

view post Posted on 1/5/2016, 11:41

Group:
Administrator

This is due to the fact that the file being created is ready for being copied and pasted inside a result file of the Ramsete program, which also computes the echogram in 10 octave bands.
Each value being exported is the "pseudo energy", and can be converted back in dB-SPL by the formula L=10*log10(value)
The A and Lin bands can be recreated easily in Excel, the LIN is just the sum of the 10 values, whilst for getting the A-weighted sum you must first multiply each "pseudo energy" value for the corresponding A-weighting factor, and then sum.
These are the 10 A-weighting factors, also expressed as "pseudo-energy"
0.000114815 0.002398833 0.024547089 0.138038426 0.478630092 1 1.318256739 1.258925412 0.776247117 0.218776162
Here you can find an example of an Excel file where these computations are done, and an SPL chart is created:
www.aurora-plugins.com/Public/Aurora-for-Audacity/Examples/

Web  Top
5 replies since 28/11/2015, 15:39   199 views