Aurora for Audacity Beta, first release of 5 plugins for Audacity

« Older   Newer »
sero1
view post Posted on 17/3/2014, 22:42

Hello Prof. Farina,

first of all thank you very much for sharing such a great plug-in suite for IR measurements.

I have seen that the new version is for windows only and I would like to ask for a mac version as I am mainly using OSX these days.
I have parallels to run win applications but I have some issues with my soundcard on it.

Thank you
Sero

aee
view post Posted on 15/4/2014, 17:17

I get an error anytime I try to follow your link, or any other link to one of your web pages found on google.
"403 Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /Public/Aurora-for-Audacity/ on this server."
Can someone help me with this : I dont get what's wrong here.

aee1
view post Posted on 18/4/2014, 10:28

Well, it looks like the problem I had is now solved. Thanks !
But I will now have to wait for an 2.0.5 OSX version of the modules, as the lastest OSX version is just making Audacity 2.0.5 crash at startup...
I will wait for that. Thank you, and keep up the good work !

view post Posted on 21/4/2014, 09:39

http://www.angelofarina.it

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (sero1 @ 17/3/2014, 23:42) 
Hello Prof. Farina,

first of all thank you very much for sharing such a great plug-in suite for IR measurements.

I have seen that the new version is for windows only and I would like to ask for a mac version as I am mainly using OSX these days.
I have parallels to run win applications but I have some issues with my soundcard on it.

Thank you
Sero

The version 2.0.0. is perfectly stable and fully functional on MAC OSX, I use it every day...
Of course, you need to install the corresponding Audacity version. You can get it from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/f....0.dmg/download

Regarding running Windows programs under Mac Osx I do not recommend Parallels, it screwed up everything on my Mac for a couple of times, then I gave up.
I am currently very happy with PlayOnMac, a free software which runs Windows programs NATIVELY, no need to install Windows...
I am currently employing the good old Adobe Audition 1.5 with the whole set of my original Aurora plugins under OSX. It works perfectly and it sees the sound card without problems.
PlayOnMac also manages to run my favorite Windows programs, such as PaintShopPro, Surfer, TotalCommander, and my own room acoustics simulation software, Ramsete.

Web  Top
kmaziarz
view post Posted on 27/5/2014, 23:02

CITAZIONE (angelo.farina @ 11/11/2012, 21:45) 
I managed to replicate the error, entering 20,0 and 20000,0 as frequency limits, instead of 20.0 and 20000.0
Please note, my system is English, so the decimal separator is a dot, not a comma. Using a comma causes the error...
Can this be your problem?

If not try employing EXACTLY all the parameters as shown here:
gensweep

This problem appears in Windows with language settings that use comma as number separator instead of dot. Even if one tries to enter correct numbers into the generator (using dot as separator) the error still appears.
I have solved it by changing Windows Standard & Formats choosen language to English(United States) in the Regional and Langauge settings and re-installing Audacity.
Thought someone might find it helpful.
I'm using Windows XP along with Audacity 2.0.5.

P.S.
Angelo, thanks for great tool!

view post Posted on 5/6/2014, 21:36

http://www.angelofarina.it

Group:
Administrator

Thanks kmaziarz, it is what I did suspect.
This problem of regional settings is affecting a large number of software tools... That's the reason for which I only use computers with original English-US versions of Windows (or OSX), and I keep them configured for English regional settings. I do not really understand why the hell they released nationalized versions of Windows (furthermore, the same English word have been translated differently at every version).
Everyone should learn to read and speak English, everyone should use English OS and programs, and everyone should become accustomed to English regional conventions about comma, dot, etc...
Allowing people to use translated versions of the OS and programs is keeping them in their ghetto, and not favouring internationalization.
English is the "de facto" standard, let's accept this and move on...

Web  Top
toraddeo
view post Posted on 27/3/2015, 10:24

buon giorno Angelo e forum, sono un nuovo iscritto e ho un problema con audacity, quando provo a generare un log sweep con aurora mi dice error in sweep duration:can't be zero or<0 in attesa di risposta ti saluto
ps ho una versione 1.3 beta installata su windows 7

view post Posted on 1/4/2015, 14:04

Group:

Ti consiglio di installare Audacity 2.0.5, ed i relativi moduli Aurora compilati specificatamente per tale versione.
Spero tu abbia letto la cosa dei parametri internazionali di Windows, li hai correttamente impostati "all'inglese", vero?
E? spiegato qui sopra...

view post Posted on 2/6/2015, 00:45

Group:

Hi Angelo!!..

First I'm want to thank you for the aurora software.......it's a very usefull tool......

I'm writing........in this forum but I don't know if still work on.

I have some questions...I hope you can help me...

I downloaded the aurora module for audacity software version 2.0.4 and 2.0.5......

......but when I try to use i have two problems........

1. there is message...."the module libfftw3f-3 does not provide a version string.....it will not be loaded".................but I'm using the module 2.0.5 for the version 2.0.5 of audacity.

2. When I trying to analize the acoustical parameters of an impulse response.......Fol-prov.wav..... (downloaded from your page) the program shut down!.

Can you help me with these two questions?
Is there a manual for the STI nmodule?......

I readed you're goin to change to use audacity software for your aurora modules......what version of aurora module you recomend to me?....I see there is a aurora module for cool edit but when I try to use......it ask me for a password.......

Well I hope these questions don't bother you......I think Aurora it's one of the most powerfull softwares and I want to take these oportunity to thank you for let us to use it.

Best wishes.

winay

angelofarina1
view post Posted on 2/6/2015, 10:07

1) the libfft dll is not an Audacity module, it is a general porpose library, so it should not be placed in the modules directory, you have to move it in c:/windows/system32 (or in c:/window/syswow64 in a 64 bit system).

2) I don't know, here I do not get this problem withat IR file. Often these are due to improper settings of the international parametrs in window's control panel. please note that Aurora requires "english" settings, with the decimal dot separator..

3) Currently there are two versions of Aurora:
a) the original legacy version for Adobe Audition (the recommended versions are Audition 1.5 and Audition 3.0) - this is shareware, and unregistered copies are affected by random harmless crashes, thanks to a Russian Roulette module, which is disabled when registered
b) the new version for Audacity, which is free and open source, but is stll in Beta...

4) you find the manual for STI here:

Edited by angelofarina1 - 2/6/2015, 11:13

honeysyd
view post Posted on 11/12/2016, 10:43

Dear Angelo,

First of all, thank you for developing and sharing Aurora for Audacity. I am a Mac user and I did not have problem in using Aurora for Audacity. However, after updating my OSX to Sierra (10.12.1), Aurora for Audacity does not work. I installed Audacity version 2.0.0 (as the higher version does not have a folder 'Modules'). Would you please help with this for me?

Another question is that I have Adobe Audition CC installed in my Windows PC (Windows 10). I copy and paste Aurora44-Beta (which is not Aurora for Audacity, but a commercial plugins) in 'Program Files'->'Adobe'->'Adobe Audition CC 2017'. However, for some reason, it also does not work.

Thank you in advance.

view post Posted on 7/1/2017, 17:07

Group:

I just upgraded to Sierra, I will look into your problems. But to me it appears that everything is working as normal, using Audacity 2.0.0.

Regarding Aurora for Audition: the latest version of Audition supported is 3.0. Then Adobe stopped the support for additional "native" XFM plugins, they now only support low-quality VST plugins, a format which is unsuitable for most of the Aurora plugins.
So I am sorry, there is no way to run the Aurora plugins under Audition CC. This is the main reason for which we moved to Audacity.
But then also Audacity stopped to support external modules, so we are stuck with Audition 3.0 and Audacity 2.0.0...

Doctortono
view post Posted on 2/9/2018, 03:34

Hi,

I have installed the the Audacity 2.1.0 in my MacBook Pro but I would like to know where I need to put the Aurora Flies in order to make them works?.....

opacheco.

Doctortono
view post Posted on 4/9/2018, 02:05

well I made a new Folder named "modules" inside of Audacity application folder with the files in there and everything is ok now!!

opacheco.

62 replies since 14/4/2011, 12:38   26953 views