Aurora for Audacity Beta, first release of 5 plugins for Audacity

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 11/11/2012, 20:45

http://www.angelofarina.it

Group:
Administrator

I managed to replicate the error, entering 20,0 and 20000,0 as frequency limits, instead of 20.0 and 20000.0
Please note, my system is English, so the decimal separator is a dot, not a comma. Using a comma causes the error...
Can this be your problem?

If not try employing EXACTLY all the parameters as shown here:

gensweep

Web  Top
gael.mahe
view post Posted on 4/1/2013, 12:29

Hi,

Thank you for this Aurora module for Audacity !

What about the STI plugin ? Did you succeed in porting it ?

Best regards,

Gaël Mahé
University Paris Descartes

view post Posted on 26/1/2013, 16:51

Group:
Administrator

Yes.
Sti is available in the Linux version...

Web  Top
richards2013
view post Posted on 22/2/2013, 18:50

Hey Angelo,

Thanks for providing these plugins. They're extremely useful.

Do you by any chance have an API reference manual or a function list for these dlls so that programmers can plug them into other software systems, such as LabVIEW? Something like LabVIEW might also be a good place to have this functionality, since LabVIEW may also be employed to control other equipment used in the test environment.

If, for example, I wanted to use SineSweepGenerator.dll, what functions can be called from that plugin?

Rich

eli.71
view post Posted on 24/2/2013, 14:38

Non riesco a trovare la pagina per scaricare Aurora per Audacity,mi da errore caricamento pagina.Help me!!

richards2013
view post Posted on 25/2/2013, 17:41

Ciao Eli,

I plugin Aurora hanno lo scopo di lavorare con Audacity 2.0.0 (non l'ultima Audacity 2.0.3).

Così, il link per scaricare Audacity 2.0.0 è qui:
(finestre)
http:// sourceforge.net / projects / audacity / files / audacity / 2.0.0

Una volta che la versione corretta di Audacity è installato, la .dll seguente dovrebbe essere posto in Audacity / Moduli sottodirectory:
http:// pcfarina.eng.unipr.it / Public / Aurora-for-Audacity / 2.0.0 / Windows

Quindi riavviare Audacity. Per vedere se i moduli sono stati installati, si dovrebbe essere in grado di andare a Audacity -> Genera -> e vedere "Aurora Sine Sweep Generator ..." nel menu.

-Richard

P.S. E 'il mio italiano capito? Non so italiano, ho semplicemente usato Google Translate.
(Io di solito parlano inglese)

eli.71
view post Posted on 26/2/2013, 10:24

Thanks Richard, ho capito tutto!!

Non so perchè ma cambiando browser sono riuscita a scaricare ed installare tutto.

I speak italian because my english is very bad!!

richards2013
view post Posted on 26/2/2013, 17:34

Nessun problema Eli.

afrocelt1121
view post Posted on 5/3/2013, 02:23

Hi,

I tried downloading the Audacity with ASIO support and it's asking for a password when I try to unzip the file. Is there a password?

Thanks!

Stacy

view post Posted on 9/4/2013, 17:10

Group:
Administrator

Yes.
The Audacity developer team asked me to remove from free distribution the version of Audacity 2.0.0, which was "matched" with the Aurora plugins, as we did enable ASIO support when compiling it.
It appears, for reasons which I really do not understand, that it is forbidden to release the compiled version of Audacity with ASIO support enabled (albeit the open source code contains the ASIO code...).
I did not want to start an argument with the developer team, albeit I am 100% sure that it was perfectly lawful, here in Italy, to distribute the ASIO version (I have a written evaluation from the legal office of my University).
But, of course, users of Aurora need to employ the ASIO version of Aurora, so I did not remove it from my web ste, I simply protected it with an easy-to-guess password.
So, just guess, it's easy...

angelo

Web  Top
hectorC
view post Posted on 25/6/2013, 18:05

Hello,

I installed the Aurora plugins for Audacity (tried with Audacity 2.0 and 2.0.1) and I'm able to see and use some of them but I can't find where to access the Cross Functions. In what menu should it be located?

Thanks!

Hector

jlm1948
view post Posted on 30/6/2013, 17:49

Hello,
I'm a newcomer here.
Richard Lee speaks highly of your programs and I'm seriously interested.
The situation with Audacity concerns me, though.
Considering many DAW programs are available at very reduced cost (very often free evaluation version), do you confirm your intention of dropping Audacity altogether and porting your plug-ins in a "popular" DAW?

Best regards

Jean Luc Moncel

GerardLardner
view post Posted on 2/7/2013, 23:57

QUOTE (angelo.farina @ 9/4/2013, 18:10) 
Yes.
The Audacity developer team asked me to remove from free distribution the version of Audacity 2.0.0, which was "matched" with the Aurora plugins, as we did enable ASIO support when compiling it.
It appears, for reasons which I really do not understand, that it is forbidden to release the compiled version of Audacity with ASIO support enabled (albeit the open source code contains the ASIO code...).
I did not want to start an argument with the developer team, albeit I am 100% sure that it was perfectly lawful, here in Italy, to distribute the ASIO version (I have a written evaluation from the legal office of my University).
But, of course, users of Aurora need to employ the ASIO version of Aurora, so I did not remove it from my web ste, I simply protected it with an easy-to-guess password.
So, just guess, it's easy...

angelo

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for the clue! I have now got the ASIO version working.

Gerard

view post Posted on 17/7/2013, 21:13

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (jlm1948 @ 30/6/2013, 18:49) 
Hello,
I'm a newcomer here.
Richard Lee speaks highly of your programs and I'm seriously interested.
The situation with Audacity concerns me, though.
Considering many DAW programs are available at very reduced cost (very often free evaluation version), do you confirm your intention of dropping Audacity altogether and porting your plug-ins in a "popular" DAW?

Best regards

Jean Luc Moncel

We are not going to drop the Audacity version, we are quite sure that the Audacity project is the future...
We have now just released the source code of our Aurora modules for Audacity on Google Code:

http://code.google.com/p/aurora-for-audacity/

This should answer to the request of accessing the modules from other programs...

Regarding the possible port of Aurora modules as general-purpose plugins (such as VST, Direct-X, CoreAudio, Ladspa, etc.).
Unfortunately these "formats" present severe limitations for the functionality of most of the Aurora modules. These "plugin" formats are designed for realtime audio processing, with small chunks of data being continuously sent and received between the host program and the plugin.
Instead the Aurora modules usually require to access the whole recording at once. This was possible in the old XFM plugins under CoolEdit and Adobe Audition, until Adobe stepped above Audition 3.0, disrupting the XFM API.
Currently, I am not aware of any other DAW capable of supporting external modules which are allowed to get full access to the opened waveforms, except for the "Modules" interface of Audacity. However, if you have info on another open-source or freeware software which can support external modules without the limitation of "normal" plugin formats, please tell me, we can consider to port the Aurora modules for such a DAW.

As a final remark: Audacity is a nice project, although of course its functionality is still quite primitive. The latest version of CoolEditPro 2.1, a.k.a. Audition 1,0, of 10 years ago, is still quite better than current Audacity 2.0.4. But the developer team is working hard for improving Audacity. I have good expectations, and I hope that we will finally reach and surpass the functionality of CoolEditPro 2.0 in one or two years. And that is what most people really needs, anything beyond that is mostly superfluous.
Under Windows (and OSX, thanks to PlayOnMac), I am still employing Audition 1.5. The subsequent versions 2.0 and 3.0 are, for me, already too much complex and totally not needed.

Edited by angelo.farina - 8/2/2014, 12:24

Web  Top
view post Posted on 8/2/2014, 12:22

Group:
Administrator

The new version of Aurora modules, compatible with Audacity 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 is now available for Windows.
You can download it here: www.aurora-plugins.com/Public/Aurora-for-Audacity/2.0.5/

The great new is that it also includes the STI (Speech Transmission Index) module...

Web  Top
62 replies since 14/4/2011, 12:38   26953 views